Monday, March 19, 2012

A Weekend in the Pacific Northwest

My older brother lives in Seattle, about 3,000 miles away from New York.  It can be a tough trip for just the weekend, but I try to get there whenever I can (which isn't often).  For Christmas last year, he gave my middle brother a duffel bag from Filson, a classic outdoors outfitter from Seattle.  I was more than jealous. Check it out:

WOOL DUFFLE BAG WITH WOOL SIDE PANELS $270


Everyone wants to travel in style, but we don't always want to pony up for an expensive duffel. Thats what makes it the perfect gift.  Either find someone nice enough to get you a real weekend duffel, or start saving up...

Feeling really generous? Fill this gift with a bottle of Lagavulin Single Malt, and you will be the nicest man in the room. Or the best girlfriend...

Just don't go with this bottle unless your palate appreciates the smokier things in life. 




And if you're going on a more rugged excursion, either to your alma mater for the weekend or a ski trip "with the boys," then I think this isn't a bad option from Knockaround:




You probably know their sunglasses, but for $17 bucks, why not?

Oh, and before I go, if you can pull this look off then I commend you.  And let me know you if you ever want to go Skeet Shooting.



I think that buying this Filson vest online is a bit dangerous.  A vest needs to fit correctly, especially one like this.  So if your ever in the Seattle neighborhood... why not take a look?

DB

No comments:

Post a Comment