Monday, March 19, 2012

Get a New Crew

I said earlier that I've tried to steer clear of JCrew, but a classic is a classic.  Having forgotten a pair of dress shoes when visiting my grandma in Chicago, I knew I had to do some day shopping before dinner.  This grandma once made my french cousin cut his hair before she would take him to dinner.  So I went to the Crew, and picked up these:



Can't really go wrong with them, and I actually like the mid-level look better than the normal boat shoe when paired with pants.  

But to my dismay, I wore them a week later to a christmas party and quickly realized that I was wearing the same shoes and JCrew corduroys as my friend.  The worst.  So I went looking for a new shoe and found just that at Generic Surplus (Same company as the Duck Boot in an earlier post).  These are more casual, but just as handsome:



Now unfortunately Generic Surplus no longer offers this color, but you can find them (and others) at plenty of other sites.  And lastly, the white sole does make this a sneaker.  So if you're going to Vegas for the night, or some other snooty bar/club, you might want to throw on something else.

DB

No comments:

Post a Comment