Monday, March 19, 2012

My 2nd post, Three More Watches

I like watches, always have.

Recently, I've been eyeing the classic Timex watch that you see every time you head into a JCrew.  Its a classic look, and its usually fairly well priced.  You can find it here for around $150, although $40 dollar versions do exist:

TIMEX® MILITARY WATCH $150



Now even though I do think its a good look, I hate wearing a watch that someone else might have (which is actually a big reason that I've gone anti-JCrew/Polo in general).  So for the past couple weeks I've been trying to find an alternative.  I like this piece by Bertucci, a handsome military watch in the same price range.  The leather band is also a nice addition here:

Bertucci A-2T Vintage Watch - Leather Strap $150


Can't really go wrong with either of these, but last night as I was watching my bracket get busted by Cincinnati, I found this gem (the link may go dead, as its an ebay auction):

RARE FINE VINTAGE TISSOT NAVIGATOR SEASTAR T-12 WORLD TIME MEN'S WRISTWATCH $716


Now I don't always think a watch should be overly messy, but I think this Vintage Tissot makes it work.  But alas, I've been keeping an eye on it on Ebay and the price has gone from just $30, to over $200.  I've never bought anything this expensive on Ebay, so I'm getting nervous, but only time will tell.  Wish me luck...

DB

PS. Just sold for $716... yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment