Thursday, June 20, 2013

The Booth

Hey guys,

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, its been a crazy couple of weeks. But I have to say, I love running this booth. The first week certainly had its ups and downs, leaving plenty of room for improvement, but I was still happy with how it all looked.


You may notice the framed logo on the right side of the photo. That's my logo! I wanted to create the illusion of an actual store, so a name, logo, and business cards were all something that I wanted to have before opening shop.

I used Elance.com to get a graphic designer to help me flesh out my concept. Here's the finished product.


I'm happy with how it came out, and it was definitely a good experience working with the designer. Once I had a logo, I used Google Apps for Business to register an email with my domain name (which is hosted by Hover.com), so feel free to message me at info@danielbyron.com. Once that was all set up, I had cards made at a local print shop.


These logistical items were tiresome, and costly, but I think important overall. 

Now back to the booth.

The stationary bike is the most important item in my store. Everyone who walked by it wanted to play with it; people were riding it, playing with the bell, and it just started a ton of conversations. The vintage Playboys, glassware, and decorative antiques also had a similar effect. 


In the end, it was a great Sunday. I sold a number of watches, t-shirts, sweatshirts, and a few button downs. And with zero experience doing something like this, I didn't really have many expectations, but after a long day I was happy enough with the final number. 

This week, I want that number to grow. I'll be adding blazers, polos, and ties. I also made some improvements to the booth itself, adding a beautiful blue rug and a new hanging rack. I'll certainly have some pictures for you next week, but if you want to come check it out for yourself, please do. Personally, I can't wait for Sunday. 

10am - 4pm at the Sowa Vintage Market

DB



No comments:

Post a Comment