Monday, March 19, 2012

Duck Boots

I mentioned in an earlier post that I like finding alternative brands when I see a mainstream style that I like. Having gone to school in Maine, I've become quite fond of L.L. Bean.  I prefer some of their other items (such as flannels and sweaters), but their most popular item is undoubtedly the "bean boot".

I've always had trouble finding a boot that I like.  Im not a guy who wears "Tim's", interpret that as you may, and I've always wanted something besides this:

Men's Bean Boots by L.L.Bean®, 6" $90



Not bad looking, but I've always hated the knotted rubber soul.  Personally, I think this is a "safety in numbers" situation here.  Although I personally don't own these next boots, they look like a less practical alternative from Generic Surplus:


Unfortunately however, I hate wearing boots.  I always feel stupid in them, couldn't tell you why. With that in mind, I bought these for the winter.  Water proof sneakers from Tretorn:



Not as fancy (or warm) as most boots are, but they will keep your feet dry and its a much easier and unique style.

DB

No comments:

Post a Comment