Monday, March 26, 2012

Versatile Shells

I needed a new ski jacket last season and was looking through some pricy models from Arc'teryx, Patagonia, Cloudveil, and a few others.  But since I wear my ski jacket less and less these days, it seemed more than ridiculous to spend $500 dollars on one of these high-end heavy-duty jackets.

Instead, my brother told me to get a shell.  A shell you say?

For about $200 dollars you can get a stylish shell thats functions just as well on the mountain as it does on a cold spring day.  Which is exactly what I wore yesterday while I was watching the Redbull home opener (Major League Soccer). Take a look:

Atom LT Hoody $200


I really like the bright orange trim matched with the more relaxed base color.  And once layered properly, this water-resistant jacket works just fine on a chilly ski mountain.  If you prefer a flashier style, take a look at this shell from Analog:

Analog Acetate Jacket $195


Perfect for Spring skiing in Vail, just don't be this guy.  Or should you be that guy?  I can't decide.


And once your done with a few afternoon beers (and most likely a nap), then you can try heading into town wearing something a bit more grown up.  This jacket from Filson for example:

PORTAGE BAY JACKET $365


Although the Arc'teryx jacket would be a good choice at the locals bar too, maybe better.  

DB

No comments:

Post a Comment