Tuesday, May 7, 2013

New Bar

Last Sunday afternoon I was walking home from work when I popped into a store called Boomerang in Central Square. Its a nice little thrift shop that actually specializes more in furniture than clothing. When I walked into the store, I instantly stopped, and locked eyes on a vintage bar that was tucked away into the back corner of the store.

Although the price tag was relatively rather small (only $125), this was a big ticket item. Its super heavy, and its not exactly small. I was hesitant. I knew I wanted it, and I knew I liked the price. That said, buyer's remorse is an affliction that I often suffer from, so I decided to sleep on it.

When I woke up the next morning, I was antsy. I had to have it, and I knew exactly where it would go, so I rushed over to the store just as it opened, and sealed the deal on this beautiful vintage bar.


Its amazing, and better yet I now have the distinct pleasure of trying to fill it with vintage glassware, licentious liqueurs, and all other appropriate accouterment; an adventure that I am certainly looking forward to.

DB

No comments:

Post a Comment