Thursday, May 2, 2013

Cocktail Hour

Today was fun. I had the day off, and decided to explore Davis Square, a part of Cambridge I previously knew little about.

I won't bore you with the minute details of my afternoon, but the highlight was certainly stumbling upon a local barware store called The Boston Shaker


While I already have a growing collection of bar related paraphernalia, most of it is more form than function. Today, I changed that. Here's what I bought.


The store is wonderful, great for beginners like myself, while also carrying some of the more obscure items that an experienced mixologist might desire. 

And as a beginner, I felt like I needed some guidance, so I picked up this book to keep me grounded.


Tonight, I'm going to try my hand at a few drinks. And since I'm certainly going to mix up some pretty awful martinis and manhattans, I figured I should have a back up plan.


A mix of high brow and low brow, rather emblematic of myself actually. 

But since this is technically a clothing blog (although being a "lifestyle" brand is seemingly the cool thing to do these days), let me just finish with this wonderfully tacky Hawaiian shirt I bought at a Goodwill today.

Happy Thirsty Thursday,

DB

No comments:

Post a Comment