Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Bureau of Trade

When I woke up this morning and checked my email, I was pleasantly directed towards a company I had never seen before, called Bureau of Trade.

Basically, its an online marketplace for all things manly -- vintage watches, clothing, artwork, and everything in between. You can even buy a classic car, like the Porsche Tom Cruise ruins in Risky Business, but probably not the Ferrari that Cameron totals in Ferris Bueller's (in 2008, a 1961 Ferrari California Spyder sold for a record $10,894,900).

I've been looking through the collection all morning, and thought I would share some of the highlights. I'll start with a few watches.

First, we have this handsome Omega Seamaster $310, a pretty great price for something of this level.




Next, we have this beautiful Blue Watch by Timex $70.


And lastly, for the more adventurous among us, we have a Red Watch with Nato Band by Lucerne $140. Technically, this is a digital watch. I've never seen anything like it, but I love the colors, and I'm always looking to add unique styles to my collection.


But OK enough watches (as if that were possible), check out this super old school Bakelite Beach Radio by Zenith $70


Unfortunately, I don't see an ipod jack anywhere. Probably more for decoration than anything else.

And while I do usually appreciate most modern luxuries, sometimes, older is better. Like this beautiful 1961 Alfa Romeo Giulietta $123,000 for example. 


The selection of goods on this site is fairly incredible. Unfortunately, as is the case with most one-of-a-kind items, there's only one of them, or a handful at most. This can make it quite difficult to always get what you want, so you better act fast. 

Either way, Bureau of Trade is definitely worth taking a look at the next time you need to buy a gift, or a blow a bonus (look at me, cool finance talk!)

DB

Spotted by David

No comments:

Post a Comment