Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Worth a Look

Happy New Year everybody!

New Year's Resolution #1: Write one post every day.  So technically I should have started yesterday, but cut me some slack, it was a holiday after all. Anyways, lets do this!

So I've basically given up on Gilt and Jackthreads. 99% of what they offer is terrible. Maybe even more than that. And the same is true for all of these bargain sites.  So is it worth receiving 50 bull sh*t emails from websites like Rue La La, Bell and Clive, and Frank and Oak each day? Probably not. But thats the price I pay for sort of trying to run a clothing blog.  But every so often, once in a blue moon as they say, I'll find a great deal.

And today I happened to find something that I did like. I think I may have blogged about these shoes in the past, but check them out in these other colors.

Classic Canvas Sneakers by Warrior $30



I think I want them in navy this time. So cheap! I already have the pair on the left, and they are wonderfully worn in, great "beater" shoes.  Anyways, the point is, Gilt and Jackthreads can still deliver, you just have to be willing to look through the mud.

Ok and now on a complete side note, I have a style question for you.  I was just cleaning out my closet, when I found these super hipster shoes that I've never worn.  My High School girlfriend gave them to me way back when, and I awkwardly tried to thank her, while secretly wondering why on earth she had bought me these used argentinian bowling shoes. I'm not sure I had the best poker face at the time, and never wearing them didn't help my cause either.  

But that was then, this is now.  I rocked them all day today, and I'm starting to like them.  


So, what do you think?

DB





No comments:

Post a Comment