Wednesday, January 23, 2013

New Vintage?

So I recently saw this Levi's Vintage Clothing (vintage inspired) crew neck on the StevenAlan website, and I kind of liked it.

1950's Crew Sweatshirt $150


But when I really thought about it, something wasn't right. Its just fake, and its so expensive. I think you should either buy real vintage, or go for a cleaner crew neck. Something like this.

Reigning Champ Crew Neck $110


Ever heard of Reigning Champ? I hadn't until today, but its definitely worth a look. I like this next one too.

Saturdays Bowery Crew Neck $58 (Down from $98)


I can't remember if I've ever written about something from Saturdays, but I love this New York City Surf shop. Check out some of my favorites from their site.

The Next Wave Poster $100


And I also think this bag is totally cute right?



My girlfriend can rock that, I think this next bag suits me a little better.



But OK, please excuse my retail tangent, lets get back to the original point of this post. Crew necks, fake vintage, etc. If I'm going vintage, I'm going to wear something that's actually old, used, and cheap. Something like this.



And just to complete the retro look, and to continue with that logic, I think this car does the trick. 



As Ferris would say, "It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up."

DB

P.S. And for the record, "vintage inspired" clothing is often great, I'm just not sure I believe in intentionally making something look frayed and overly worn in (as in, $150 dollar jeans that are practically falling apart).

No comments:

Post a Comment