Wednesday, October 10, 2012

DIY

Do it yourself. A DB first!

But guys, before we continue, I have a deep, dark confession to make.  For the time being, I'm living in Boston.  Yes I know, no longer in NY, no longer living at home.  Try to stay calm, its still me. I promise.

Feels good to get that off my chest.  The reason for my honesty is that I wanted to share a recent project of mine.  Living in a small house in Cambridge, my roommates and I are lucky enough to have some outdoor space.  The problem was that we had no privacy from our next door neighbors, just an ugly chain-link fence separating the two lots. Yuck.

We decided to fix that.  Here's how.


First, I built a 3 foot wall of scattered scinder blocks, and then placed a large wooden board on top.  Easy enough.  But to really make it pop, we decided to "tag" the board as well.  So we bought some spray paint, a star-shaped sponge, and got to work. An hour later, presto, privacy in style.

DB

No comments:

Post a Comment