Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Hudson River Watch Company

Recently funded on Kickstarter, Hudson River Watch Company is certainly on the rise. They surpassed their funding goal by over $65,000, reaching a monstrous $115,000 in just a few months. But with a mix of unique and beautiful "New York City inspired" watches, its easy to see why.

Before we take a look at the watches, you should really read their story, pretty amazing. I just can't imagine, without any previous experience, thinking that I could start my own watch company. But they did, and they clearly did it well. Here's a snapshot of the whole collection:


Each watch costs around $300 dollars, and is named after a street in New York City. And while they definitely have a few classic styles, you can see that they also really pushed the envelope with a few of them.


With so many styles to choose from, I had a hard time picking my favorite. If I were going to buy one though, I think I would go with The Charleston Street $345:


Unfortunately, this watch, as are many others, is already on backorder; clearly a good sign for the company if they can start matching the demand. 

If I had one criticism, I don't love that each watch is named after the street that supposedly inspired its design. That seems like a stretch to me, and is perhaps a little gimmicky. But maybe I should just be quiet and buy a handsome well-priced watch.

DB 

Spotted by Edward.

No comments:

Post a Comment