Monday, April 30, 2012

A Bit Out of the Ordinary

So most of what I post is clothing related, but not everything.  Last night I bought ten oysters to spice up Sunday dinner, feeling slightly confident that I would be able to shuck them myself.  Using a beat-up steak knife I found in my friend's kitchen, I slowly made it through my ten pack, and produced 8ish edible oysters.

Time for an upgrade.

Here's what I want:

Shucking Knife $20



I've heard this knife is really easy to use.  Classic and simple.  But if you're looking for something really sexy, and money isn't your primary concern, go for this:

Laguiole Oyster Knife $165



I can't speak to its functionality, but it is beautiful.  And with Summer only a month away, this might be a skill worth looking into.

DB

No comments:

Post a Comment