Sunday, May 19, 2013

Salvation Army Super Store

If you follow me on Instagram (which you totally should @dann6789), then you may have seen a few of these pictures before. For that, I apologize.

Anyways, I recently read about a giant Salvation Army in Fitchburg, MA. Its supposed to be one of the biggest in the area, so like a kid on Christmas, I could barely contain my excitement as I pulled my car into the empty parking lot.



A giant warehouse stood before me, so I rolled up my sleeves, used a quarter to get some skittles, and went to work.

It was certainly an overwhelming experience. The vast majority of the clothing is terrible; stained Red Sox shirts and wrinkled cargo shorts are weeds in this unkept garden.

But sometimes, you find a flower.


Such a great find, great vintage condition. I also loved the graphic on this next crew-neck.


After a long hour of searching, I ended up buying over 20 shirts, mostly old button downs from Gant, L.L. Bean, Polo, McGregor, Orvis, and Brooks Brothers.

 I love these more remote locations because they are far less picked over than the city stores, and some of the clothing is amazing, and often quite old. Here are a few of my favorite tags that I saw.




The fun continues tomorrow. In the morning I'm driving up to Rutland, VT to check out another Salvation Army Super Store. Let's hope I have the same luck.

DB

No comments:

Post a Comment