Thursday, August 16, 2012

Spice it up a bit

Well hello there old friends.  Its been too long, but today, do I have a treat for you!  So we all know that the classic Casio/Seiko/Timex digital watch has been a standard hipster watch for years, decades even. Here's what I mean.



Most people get it in black, but I think its quite attractive in gold.  But like always, I dont want what you have.  I want something different, something that you my friend, do not have.  So with a little effort, and not always more money, I can do just that.  In fact, for just $11.50 you could have bought this on Ebay.



I wonder if thats David Duchovny's hand?  Either way, I think its really cool.  But lets say you were sold on gold from that first picture.  Then perhaps you'd like to make an offer on this next watch.



This is so retro its amazing, C3PO chic as I like to call it.  I'm definitely going to make an offer, how high I can't decide.  But let's move on, shall we?

Until you can buy a real self-winding watch, maybe you'll be happy with this solar-powered Casio.  





Saving the world, one retro watch a time.  But that Ebay auction isn't over for another 3 days, I want something I can buy today.  This looks reasonable.




I'm starting to fall in love with these hybrid digital/analog watches. I'll definitely have to get one soon.  But enough of these relatively cheap, actually affordable, reasonable options.  This is what I really want.




Regardless of the fact that its made by a fancy company, I think it looks really cool.  It will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine.

Anyways, the point is that if you put a little time into looking, you can easily find something thats handsome, unique, and well priced. 

DB  

P.S. I dropped a few movie references along the way today, can you name all 3?

No comments:

Post a Comment